LISA G. SAMIA
Lisa G. Samia is an Award Winning Author who loves American History. She devoted three years travelling, researching and writing the fictional novel based on John Wilkes Booth “My Name is John Singer.” She graduated from the University of Massachusetts with a degree in English and has appeared on local television multiple times for her writing. A Boston native, she is happily married and lives in Avon, CT. Lisa is also an accomplished poet. Her book “The Man with Ice Blue Eyes” coming June 2016, is a compelling collection of love poems that touch and pierce the heart. She is currently working on a sequel to “My Name is John Singer.”
- Author of “Don’t Be Afraid of Fifty,” The Twelve Step Process to Turning Fifty.
- Appeared on CT-FOX 61 morning news program, WFSB Channel 3, Better CT and multiple times at WTNH Channel 8, Connecticut Style.
- Appeared on two Cable access channels; West Hartford, CT discussing “Don’t Be Afraid of Fifty” and appeared in Guilford, CT discussing the award winning essay “My Tiny Pieces of Wood”.
- Multiple book signings at Connecticut-area Barnes and Noble’s including Glastonbury, West Hartford and Canton and The Eastern States Exposition (The Big E) in Springfield, MA.
- Awards from the CT Authors and Publishers Association Writing Contest 2013-2014 2nd place Essay and Honorable Mention Poetry; 2014-2015 1st place Poetry.
- Ford’s Theater, Washington, DC
- Lincoln Cottage, Washington, DC
- The Surratt Society, Clinton, MD
- The Junius Brutus Booth Society (Tudor Hall), Bel Air, MD
- Graduate of University of Massachusetts Boston. Originally from Boston MA and currently resides in Avon, CT.